Vestas – wind farms
Portfolio: Power technologies
Industries: Power Generation and Distribution
Vestas Wind Systems A/S (Copenhagen Stock Exchange: VWS.CO), headquartered in the Danish city of Aarhus, is Europe’s largest producer of wind energy plants and, along with Goldwind and GE Wind, one of the largest worldwide. Vestas Deutschland GmbH (Vestas Central Europe) has headquarters in Husum, where the company has been active since 1986 and employs some 2000 people.
For wind energy plants with medium-voltage switchgear from specific manufacturers, HEITEC was responsible for connecting the wind turbine’s internal power generation and integrating the system into a wind farm comprising several wind turbines.
- Final installation of medium-voltage switchgear in the tower
- Connection of cable for power generation and distribution within the wind farm
- Implementation of protection settings on transformer and medium-voltage plant
- Commissioning of complete plant
- Connection of plant to wind farm in collaboration with customer
- Flexible response to changes results in cost savings.
- High implementation quality guarantees short commissioning times.
- Optimal protection setting guarantees high plant availability.
- Presence of switching authorization minimizes personnel deployment.